A very happy new year to all our customers and blog readers from the team at McKay Flooring.
2010 was an exciting year for the following reasons :-
- We secured the specialist wood flooring contract for the Velodrome project for the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
- We created and launched our Whisky Barrel Flooring product made from Scotch whisky barrels.
- Gerflor appointed us as Approved Gerflor installers for their sports floor systems.
- We launched and watched as our niche Sports Flooring website took off and started providing leads and orders.
- Our reclaimed flooring business doubled and then doubled again.
- We supplied reclaimed flooring to Brewdog, the Whitechapel Gallery in London and were featured in many blogs and designer magazines.
- The whisky barrel flooring blog post went viral and saw huge traffic to our website and was covered on Core77, NotCot and the Awesomer amongst others.
- Our floor sanding division grew substantially.
- We saw geographical growth as we continued to secure more work in London and the south of England.
- We priced work for contracts in India, Namibia, UAE and Oman.
2011 promises more good news as we :-
- Sign up worldwide partners for our whisky barrel flooring. We’ve had an approach from a US TV company looking for this for a show their producing.
- Develop niche websites to promote our parquet flooring and floor sanding divisions.
- Launch an ecommerce site which will offer the very best kitchen worktops to UK customers.
- Launch an exciting secret project which will showcase the latest innovations in flooring.